Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cowboy themed quilt started

Well, I finally got a new quilt started for the master bedroom....it has taken me FOREVER to start this one. I wanted it to be just perfect, had tons of fabrics that are pretty well coordinated, but just couldn't decide how I wanted to make it. The fabric is so gorgeous, I didn't want to blow it! :( I like it so far, that's a cheater panel in the center, I did NOT make that, but I love the way it looks so far.



Here's a pic for you to see:


And another......

And a side view......

I pulled a bunch of fabrics that will coordinate this quilt well out of my stash this weekend (I have so many cowboy themed fabrics, it's a fettish of mine, I guess).....and showed them to my husband with my plans for the quilt. Wes actually got excited and told me how well he thinks this quilt is going to look. That's awesome for the cowboy I married....he usually just "tolerates" my quilt chatter....although he is amazingly supportive.

We're thinking about buying a Gammill, did I tell y'all that? We have been toying with the idea for quite some time, and now, since the commercial poultry farm is becoming a fact (rather than a BIG dream), we should have the funds to pay for it. It won't happen anytime in the REAL near future, but Wes is plotting and planning....with his pages and pages of numbers and how he's going to successfully run our farm (he's an awesome businessman!!).....so I am finally a believer that it's going to happen.

I have always been a believer in God...well it seems like always (LOL)....and I am a very firm believer in my husband's various abilities.....but this dream was one of those that I wanted in the worst way, so I didn't want to get my hopes up too high....guess I can reach for that mountaintop, and I'm just bubbling..... God is so good to bless us in ways that leave us in awe....and this is another one of those moments.

Till we chat again,

quiltingcheri

No comments: