Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Projects, projects, projects

It's a new year and I have a new resolution...to actually USE my blog, now there's an idea! I really *needed* some help taking pics of my purchases, so along came my trusty sidekick, Pippa. She says it's time for me to get quilting, since I already went shopping and bought the fabrics for my projects....I do believe she's right!


I really like the free Just Takes Two BOM this year (the BOM link is to the left under Pippa's pic)....the fabrics were calling my name from across the room this weekend when I went to the LQS in Springfield, Missouri....so I brought some home. I haven't even checked my stash yet to see what I have, LOL, but that's okay, I still need more, I'm sure.



I think that's a pretty fine start, now I can start cutting, cutting, cutting and listening to the lovely hummmmmm of my Janome 6600.


In honor of our chicken houses (yes, that's the best excuse I can come up with today), I really must make a barn quilt using Eleanor Burns book, so I began buying fabrics for the barn quilt and I got the book. I am very inspired now, and may just have to figure out what other fabrics I might want...er, I mean need....




And, I should probably start by working on my BOM from the LQS that I haven't started yet, and I get the last month, oh, I don't know, like next week! :) It's an Aunt Grace, so I'm bound to love all of those wonderful 30's repros. I have to admit the *real* reason I have to get this one started....I am signing up for another BOM at my LQS, it's just too cute to say no. You'll have to stay tuned for that one....coming soon!! I guess that's about it for now....


Here's hoping you're deep in stitches,
QuiltingCheri

2 comments:

Susan said...

I hope your take 5 has gotten farther than mine - which is I have red fabric. =P

Quilting Cheri said...

LOL...nope, that's as far as I am, too! I really need to get to work on that quilt, I know I'm doing it for sure. I've been looking for an excuse to make a red/white quilt and voila! here it is!