Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Longarm quilting!



Long time, no blog! :( I've been very busy learning how to use Tin Lizzie Ansley and Shirley Stitcher II. I am very happy to announce, that we're getting there....and I'm quilting on a real live quilt! My sample books are all finished, although I certainly will add more to them as time goes on....and now I'm quilting my stack of quilt tops....fun, fun, fun! I started with a very simple charm quilt, figuring it would be a good way to do a block by block design. I thought about an all-over meander, but how boring is that! I actually ended up deciding to do a star meander at the top and bottom of the quilt...and putting an 8 point star in each of those little charm squares. Whoa! I had no idea how much work that would be...lots of starting and stopping...but I love the way it's looking. Pretty cool, huh??!!??


Once I get this quilt done...I get to move on to the next quilt! Could life be any better than this?? I think not!


As the sign in my living room says: Be Happy With What You Have....


and the other sign says: A Day Spent Quilting is a Good Day!


Until we chat again,


Quiltingcheri

2 comments:

Susan said...

Cheri,
The baby quilt is beautiful! I especially though, love, love this purple charm quilt. Your blog looks fantastic too!
Hugs,
Susan

Quilting Cheri said...

Aww, thanks Susan...the baby quilt is Kayleigh's (my granddaughter), she has already claimed it...LOL. I had a good time updating the blog, too, so many fun things to do. The purple charm quilt is one of the two quilts on my bed right now, I really love it too. Sometimes the simple quilts turn out the best, don't they..