Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tin Lizzie Ansley is ready to quilt...I hope!


Well, I think we've got everything on my new longarm quilting machine...at least I cannot find anything else that needs to be attached, installed or loaded. We're still waiting on Shirley Stitcher II to come in (the company we bought it from forgot that part....OOPS!).....but it's okay since we had quite a bit of work to do to get everything else up and running. I've got one of the leaders on the rollers, backwards first, of course....doesn't that just go without saying??!!?? I have to get an order ready to go to Checkers (wholesale distributors) for supplies.....thread, batting, bobbins, needles....and other necessities.....but I've got some practice (play) right now. If it seems I fall off the planet, y'all will know where I am, right? LOL!
Merry Christmas (in case I fall into the deep dark hole of quilting).....
Until we chat again,
QuiltingCheri

3 comments:

Margecam52 said...

Hi, Marge from the TLL group on Yahoo...
Unplug the machine from the wall...wait half an hour and plug it back in (turn off first).

While you are waiting...go over every connector...unplug them one at a time...make sure a little pin or wire inside the connector has not bent, if it has and you can reach it...bend it back into place. Now replug and make sure the connector goes in all the way...should click. There is only one handlebar control with a connector on the front of your machine..it's the left side...should be tape over the right side control box connection point...if not, tape it.

Make sure the encoders are lying on the rails completely...and are not turned the wrong way.

Check your email...lol... should be a half an hour by now...replug & turn the machine on. (the unplugging, waiting is called a hard reset).

If the machine won't move in manual mode...call your dealer (if you haven't already). Mine sometimes hesitates (won't move) in lizzie stitch mode because the sensor is dirty..which is the thing you will be walked through adjusting..it' easy.
Good luck!

Margecam52 said...

LOL...folks are sure posting on the TLL group...the "oldy" members know the deal...so are posting a lot more...stuff they already have the answers too..which is why I posted this here on your blog.....so I don't take up a "spot" unless I really need to..lol...that's a hint by the way.

Quilting Cheri said...

Marge, thanks for the suggestions! I called my dealer today and they're on the problem. He thinks it is one of two things, both mentioned on the TLL group, smart quilters! Hopefully we'll be up and going very soon!!

Cheri