Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cody's "planet" themed quilt is STARTED!


This is a quilt I finally got started for my youngest son, Cody. Cody just turned 14 on July 2nd, so this quilt is right up his alley. LOL! It's bright...and in case you can't tell, the fabric in the center is of planets. It is on a king-sized bed right now, so I have to decide how many more rows to add onto the quilt (I'm making ANOTHER of those roosting robin quilts, they are soooo addictive and quick to make!)...... I think the quilt will need some purple added in...and then maybe a big row of the big planet fabric (center square) to finish it off. I have 2 sizes of "planet" fabric prints that coordinate in this quilt, and it's a good thing, I need all of the fabric for this one. I'm a little bit worried about how bright this quilt is turning out, it's not very restful....lol. After I get it done, I'm sure we will be painting his walls because it's going to be way too much with what he has in there...can you say CLASH! :) Oh, well, they needed done anyway.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.....it's raining and cool here, we're loving it, especially after our 105-115 heat indexes earlier this week....happy to see those gone! :) I was out getting groceries yesterday and got poured on at least 3 times...and I loved every minute of walking through the rain...it was nice and 80-ish...terrific! Today it's almost cool in the upper 70's...what a blessed relief, our a/c unit is getting a well-deserved rest. Because of the humidity (a rare thing here), our a/c unit was having a terrible time keeping the house above 81 degrees....which is just a few degrees warmer than I usually keep it....I prefer about 75 degrees, so it seemed very hot indoors to me. Did I mention that I'm NOT from the south and don't like the heat?? LOL!

We spent the hot part of the week out and about finishing up the FSA paperwork for our commerical chicken houses that are scheduled to start going up very soon. As far as I know the only thing we need now is a permit.... It's pretty amusing, actually. Here in MO, we apparently don't need a building permit to put up the chicken houses, we need a "land disturbance permit." Strangest thing I have ever heard of....if you own the land and want to build on it, and will be tearing up more than 1 acre, you have to go and get this permit (that costs $300) in order to "disturb" the land. Wild! :)

Have a great rest of the weekend. 'Till we chat again,

Quiltingcheri

No comments: