Monday, July 14, 2008

Cowboy quilt nearly finished!!



This quilt is nearly completion!! YIPPEE! What a feeling. It's getting way too big to mess with much these days, and I'm ready to start a new project, so it's time to get the quilt top finished....then comes the quilting, yee haw! lol...sorry, that just seemed like the right thing to say, since it's a cowboy themed quilt. It is an oversized king quilt right now, and I think I'll add another row or two on to finish it up. I have some lovely blue that I think would look nice, or I can add some more of the border strip between the piano keyboard border and the wide lighter yellow/cowboys....we'll just have to wait and see what tickles my fancy! :)

Otherwise, things are going very well. I think I'll start Cody's quilt next...he's my 14-year-old son. I have some really nice planet themed fabric that I think would make a great quilt for his room. We really need to redecorate/redo his room into more of a "teenager" theme, since he's getting sooo old! :) LOL....... It does really need to be painted, that's for sure. The previous owners had a "Spongebob" color scheme in there, and that's what Cody used when we first moved in....but he's outgrown it now, and we need to update it for him. I am thinking of doing the quilt first and then choosing paint based on the quilt...a bit backwards, I know, but I already have the fabrics!! :) I think a nice, light-colored paint would be awesome, we'll just have to figure out how to cover the paint that's already there......

Well, that's it for now. I need to figure out what I'm making for supper and get moving. Hope y'all are having a wonderful week......

Till we chat again,
quiltingcheri

No comments: