Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween....and some news!!!



Long time, no chat.....I've been busy, for sure!! I've got my newest quilt top done, see above. It's from some BOM's I bought at JoAnn's Fabric a couple of years ago. I think I bought the BOM's at the end of the year, thinking it was for the upcoming year and OOPS, I didn't get the rest....so I made a roosting robin out of them. I really like the way it turned out, and it's the perfect size for my daybed, so that's it's destination after it gets quilted...
And...speaking of quilting.....I have news! We're getting ready to order a Tin Lizzie Ansley 26" longarm! I am so excited!! We could order it as early as the end of this week, or next week at the latest...just waiting for the first bonus check to come in from the end of our 2nd chicken flock. I love bonus time.....such fun!! I'll be sure and post pics of Ansley when we get her here.....we're ordering from a vendor out of California and they have her in stock, so she will be here really quickly, no wait other than normal shipping. Not sure how long it will take, but it can't be soon enough for me!
In the meantime, I have been collecting quilt tops to practice longarm quilting on.....see the pic above? That stack currently occupying my ironing board will be the guinnea pigs....er, I mean first quilts I do longarm quilting on....could be fun!!! I think I'll start another quilt top today.....wonder if I can get a few more done??
Chickens, chicken, chickens.....yes, 3rd flock is due to arrive on 11/18. With the 2nd flock not leaving until the late evening hours of 11/1 and 11/2, that doesn't leave much time for chickie house cleanout and preparation for the new flock.....so Mr. Wes and Cody and are going to be busy boys! It's all worthwhile, though, poultry farming is a great adventure.
Well, I guess that's about it for this blog.....hope y'all are enjoying each of these beautiful fall days....gotta love fall in southern Missouri...it's 70 today and gorgeous!!
Until we chat again,
Quiltingcheri

No comments: